Make some cocoa and cozy up for The Film Detective’s ‘25 Days of Christmas’ seasonal programming, featuring everything from festive, holiday classics like “The Little Princess” (1939) to cult classics such as “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians” (1964). It’s sure to be a cheerful treat with something for everyone as a new movie or holiday-themed, classic television episode is added daily, December 1-25. This lineup is available to watch on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and iOS devices through The Film Detective App.
To add to the festivities, a scavenger hunt-style Stocking Stuffer Giveaway will gift viewers with Film Detective gear, Blu-rays and specialty made candy. To enter, spot a hidden graphic in one of the 25 special offerings and email email@example.com with the title and approximate time stamp for a chance to win.
Kicking off the holiday season is a digitally remastered broadcast of the 1955, NBC telecast production of “Peter Pan,” starring Rodgers and Hammerstein muse Mary Martin in the Emmy-winning lead role. Filmed at the Ambassador Theater in New York City, this beloved version featured the original Broadway cast and attracted an astonishing 65 million viewers during its premiere, at the time, the biggest audience ever for a single television broadcast.
So, light the fire, gather friends and family and settle in for 25 Days of Christmas classics!
Holiday line-up launching daily December 1 – 25:
- Peter Pan, starring Mary Martin, 1955
- Meet John Doe, starring Barbara Stanwyck, 1941
- Gospel Films Archive: Silent Night – Story of the Christmas Carol, 1953
- Stars Over Hollywood: Christmas for Sweeney, written by Rod Serling, 1950
- Sherlock Holmes – “Christmas Pudding,” 1955
- Santa and the Three Bears, animated cartoon, 1970
- Gospel Films Archive: Christmas is Magic, 1953
- Jack Frost, animated short, 1934
- Beyond Tomorrow, starring Richard Carlson, 1940
- Abraham Lincoln of 9th Ave. (Streets of New York), starring Jackie Cooper, 1939
- Gospel Films Archive: The Star of Bethlehem, 1956
- Home for Christmas, starring Mickey Rooney, 1990
- Dragnet – “The Big Little Jesus,” 1953
- Hector’s Hectic Life, animated short, 1948
- Gospel Films Archive: Three Young Kings, 1956
- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, cult classic, 1964
- Howdy Doody’s Christmas, 1951
- Down the Wyoming Trail, starring Tex Ritter, 1939
- Gospel Films Archive: Star of Bethlehem, 1954
- A Christmas Without Snow, starring Michael Learned, 1980
- Santa Claus, cult classic, 1959
- The Little Princess, starring Shirley Temple, 1939
- Gospel Films Archive: Starlight Night, 1939
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, animated cartoon, 1944
- A Christmas Carol With Vincent Price, 1949
The Film Detective app refreshes monthly for timely programming around themes, holidays and anniversaries, offering a variety of digitally restored classic films, trailers, and original, supplemental content. Enjoy a free trial period with subscriptions starting as low as $3.99 per month or $34.99 annually. Three films stream free each month. To download and start watching, visit www.TheFilmDetective.tv